Sunday, January 15, 2012



365 days in a year. That’s 365 chances. 

A few months ago, I was completely different from who I am now. Time flies by so fast and how time makes people change is magical. The person who I never thought I would be is who I am now. And I have got to say, I’m pretty happy with how life surprised me. 

A few months ago, I screwed up. I ended up hurting people I cared about. The only things that were of my concern were my own self and my fears. Although human beings protect themselves by instinct, I built walls high enough to stop people from climbing in. When somebody was brave enough to knock them over, I was too stubborn and kept adding the cement and concrete. Eventually, people got tired from climbing and I found myself in a situation I have ironically been preventing to be in. Alone. 

A few months ago, I was afraid. I never challenged myself and even when I thought I did, I realized I just stayed where I was comfortable at. The fears that I had prevented the good from coming in. 

A few months ago, I was stupid. Almost every decision I made had to be processed by friends or other people. I forgot that I had a mind of my own. I forgot to take responsibility in the things that mattered most. I complicated the things that were easy to figure out.  I destroyed myself with it. 

A few months ago, I forgot what it was like to feel. I didn’t turn stone cold, but in fact, it was the complete opposite. I was an emotional rollercoaster. There were too many feelings that it was getting hard to distinguish what I really felt. Happiness turned into a lie and was overshadowed by sadness. Fear covered pain. 

A few months ago was last year. 

It’s a New Year. We all have the choice to do better. Every day is a chance to do so. In the attempt to aim higher, dream bigger and love more I hope we too become much wiser.  

There are 365 days in a year. But lucky for us, there are 366 in this year. 

So, go out there and good luck. :)

2 comments: