Sunday, December 25, 2011

I've had my heart broken by a guy whom I thought I would be spending the rest of my life with.


"For better or worse, for richer or for poorer and 'til death do we part."


But all good things come to an end. Sadly, this one ended sooner.


I've always been the type of girl that imagined herself to fall for one of her close guy friends. That's the way I've always wanted it. I think it's romantic how strangers find each other, start out as really good friends until they become inseparable and then before they know it, they've created something even more beautiful from it - love...romantic, head over heels, chick flick movie love until over time it grows into something that can't be explained. Nonetheless, it is more beautiful.


"Never fails, never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to and end" (1 Cor 13:8)


The kind of love that makes you wake up in the morning and smile. The reason behind every good day. The kind that inspires you to move your feet everyday and hum a little tune at the back of your head. The kind of love that makes you want to begin and end the day with that person. The kind that gives you the giggles.


We've all had that someone. Some people are lucky enough to still be holding on to that someone. But to those who aren't anymore and can't, you're in luck my friends, because Katy Perry has written a song for us entitled, "The One That Got Away".


But the adults tell me, "You're too young, you'll meet other guys...even better ones!" and the others say, "The time you've been together wasn't too much of a waste of time since you've only been together for a while." Wrong. Once a person has touched your life, that's it. The length of the time they were there doesn't matter anymore. Once you've been whipped, you are completely and utterly whipped.


Before you know it, life decides to play a little game with the two of you. Then one day, the both of you will just wake up and know that things are different. There's the good different...and for people like me, the bad different.


I don't really know how much longer he's going to stick around my mind. The extra concern is how much longer he's also staying in my heart. I only know that I can choose to be happy for him wherever he is right now. Maybe he's over me. Maybe he's not. We'll never know.


I confess that he had me whipped. He still has me whipped. We can only hope that time will allow us to grow and that life will give us another chance to fix whatever is left of what we had or if not, of our own selves. If there's one thing I've learned from this it is that 'to be able to love someone else, one must learn to love himself.'


To end this entry, I leave a few words for the guy that I fell unconditionally in love with:


"No regrets, just love." as what Katy Perry said. It was only love, even in the darkest of our time together. I stayed in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment